Traditional Australian House Styles
These drawings show the many architectural styles that have been used in Australia in the last 200 years. All these styles have been designed and built in sizes ranging from cottages to mansions, and locations ranging from inner city to far out-back.
There is a huge range of possibilities when designing a new traditional house:
- Infill terrace house in established inner city location
- Colonial bungalow for riverside site on the outskirts of a city
- Italianate villa for inner city suburban site
- Vernacular cottage for bushland retreat is this Queenslander
- New traditional homestead on established rural property
- Weatherboard bungalow for early 20th century city or town location
- Country house for retirement or weekend use at convenient distance from a city
- New traditional farmhouse on country subdivision
All of these scenarios are possible using traditional styles of architecture adapted to your particular site and requirements.